Happy Holidays from the Theatre 7 Board of Directors!
We have a lot of fun coming up this holiday season. The dinner theatre “A Christmas Chaos” is December 7 and 8, and we can’t wait to see it! Break a leg, everyone!
We will not be having a membership meeting in December due to the holidays. Our next membership meeting will be 7 p.m. Monday, January 8. Be sure to join us to catch up on what Theatre 7 has been up to and let us know if you have any ideas or questions. Please send us an email at email@example.com at any time! You can read the newsletter in full here: December Newsletter.
A Christmas Chaos Dinner Theatre
6:30-8:30pm | December 7 & 8 | Decatur Club
Tickets are no longer available for this wonderful show; however, we are in need of a few people Friday December 8, from about 5:45 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. at the Decatur Club to assist with checking in and seating patrons. If you are interested, please email Jan Hooten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s a “Christmas Carol” gone wrong! In “A Christmas Chaos,” Theatre 7 has booked a touring Royal Shakespeare Company to perform their stirring rendition of “A Christmas Carol.” Unfortunately, the professional company doesn’t show. So, our intrepid band of fine actors and technicians must put together their own production at the last minute! Read more about the show here.
AUDITIONS: And Then There Were None
6:30pm | January 3 & 4 | T7 HQ
Save the date! Auditions for our next show “And Then There Were None” will be January 3 and 4. The show will be directed by Al Schneider and will be performed February 16-18 & 23-25. Audition readings are available here and Al would like those auditioning to be familiar with the materials. Eleven actors and actress are needed and several parts can be played by either a man or woman. A full synopsis is available here.
Ten strangers are summoned to a remote island. All they have in common is a wicked past they’re unwilling to reveal and a secret that will seal their fate, for each has been marked for murder. One of Dame Agatha Christie’s darkest tales and a masterpiece of dramatic construction, it will keep you guessing to the very end!
5 Tips for Auditioning
- Confidence: Walk in the door with your held head high and leave nerves at the door.
- Connection: Be familiar enough with the material to make a connection with the reader by making eye contact.
- Find Action: Acting means TO DO, not to talk. Find your actions and play them!
- Variety: Feel the levels and dynamic in the scene. Don’t play one emotion.
- Obstacle: What’s in the way of the character getting what he/she wants?
Christmas Carolers & Volunteers for Holiday Open House Needed
5-8 pm | December 6 | T7 HQ
Come help us spread holiday cheer at the Christmas Walk! We need volunteers to help run the open house in the T7 lobby and to sing carols downtown. You are welcome to stay as long as you like.
RuthAnn Holmes, the House Manager for “Clue: The Musical”, would like to express her gratitude to Jim and Lyn Stevens for ushering every night of the show. Thank you for supporting Theatre 7!
Fill Our Angel Tree! End of the Year Supply Fundraiser
Theatre 7 has a Christmas wish list and we need your help! We’re accepting building supplies and other donations to help make the magic of theatre happen a little bit easier. Anyone who donates will have an ornament with their name on it added to our lobby Angel Tree and our patron list.
- Cleaning supplies: Paper towels, trash bags, Windex, cleaning wipes, toilet paper
- Office supplies: Packing tape, sharpies, whiteboard markers, wastebasket, bottled water
- Painting: Round Ziploc tubs, disposable paint tray inserts
- Gift cards: Lowe’s, Menards, JoAnn Fabrics, Staples
- Monetary donations: Donations can be made by mailing a check to P.O. Box 972, Decatur IL 62525, the Theatre 7 PayPal, or by setting up a patronage at theatre7.tix.com.
Donations can be dropped off at the December 6 Christmas Walk Open House. All donations are tax-deductible. Questions? Email email@example.com.