Happy 2018 from the Theatre 7 Board of Directors!
2017 brought new shows, new members and continued our reputation of providing high quality, local community theatre. We are so excited for 2018 and all the fun shows and opportunities coming up this year.
Auditions for our next show, “And Then There Were None,” will be January 3 and 4. Our next membership meeting will be 7 p.m. Monday, January 8. Please join us to catch up on what Theatre 7 has been up to and let us know if you have any ideas or questions. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time!
Thank you for supporting Theatre 7, Decatur’s Community Theatre! You can read the newsletter in full here: January Newsletter.
AUDITIONS: And Then There Were None
6:30pm | January 3 & 4 | T7 HQ
Auditions for “And Then There Were None” will be January 3 and 4. The show will be directed by Al Schneider and will be performed February 16-18 & 23-25. Audition readings are available here and Al would like those auditioning to be familiar with the materials. Eleven actors and actress are needed and several parts can be played by either a man or woman. A full synopsis is available here.
Ten strangers are summoned to a remote island. All they have in common is a wicked past they’re unwilling to reveal and a secret that will seal their fate, for each has been marked for murder. One of Dame Agatha Christie’s darkest tales and a masterpiece of dramatic construction, it will keep you guessing to the very end!
5 Tips for Auditioning
- Confidence: Walk in the door with your held head high and leave nerves at the door.
- Connection: Be familiar enough with the material to make a connection with the reader by making eye contact.
- Find Action: Acting means TO DO, not to talk. Find your actions and play them!
- Variety: Feel the levels and dynamic in the scene. Don’t play one emotion.
- Obstacle: What’s in the way of the character getting what he/she wants?
January Membership Meeting
7 pm | December 8 | T7 HQ
Please join us for our monthly membership meeting. We’ll talk about board activities, upcoming shows, volunteer opportunities and more. If you have any ideas to share, this is your chance to do it!
Theatre 7 would like to acknowledge the memorial donation made in honor of Cheryl Hallam’s father Brice Hallam. The money is to be designated for body mics.
2018 SHOWS – Save the dates!
Please add these dates to your calendar for our scheduled shows for 2018. The full 2018-19 season will be announced at a later date and more shows may be added.
● And Then There Were None: February 16-18 & 23-25. Move in February 10.
● Murder Room: April 6-8 & 13-15. Move in March 31.
● Fall show: October 12-14 & 19-21. Move in October 6.
● Mid-season show: February 8-10 & 15-17. Move in February 2.
● Spring show: April 5-7 & 11-13. Move in March 30.